Skip to main content

Magic marble chocolate cake

 

We love this high-protein chocolate cake recipe from fitness model Rita Catolino. All you need are a few ingredients, a coffee mug or jar and a microwave!

“This has been one of my go-tos for the past eight years, since I started competing. It’s perfect for the late-night kitchen raid when you want something sweet, moist and ‘cakey’ without having to bake up a storm or throwing your macro balance out."

Ingredients
•    ¼ cup egg whites
•    1 tbsp coconut flour

•    ¼ tsp each baking soda and baking powder
•    2 tbsp vanilla protein powder

•    2 tbsp melted organic 75% or higher chocolate

What you’ll do:
1. Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl by hand with a whisk or in a mini blender.

2. Spray a mug or jar lightly with oil.

3. Pour the mixture into the mug and pour the chocolate on top.
4. Use a butter knife and swirl through the chocolate so it swirls and filters through the cake mixture deep in the cup or jar. You are creating a marbling effect.
5. Microwave the mug or jar on high for two minutes, 30 seconds (you might need an extra minute depending on your microwave’s power).
6. Remove from microwave and turn upside down on plate to remove from mug or leave in jar or mug to serve. Eat as is or sprinkle with chocolate shavings.

Bon appet-fit!

5 fitness tips from Rita Catolino>>

{nomultithumb}

 


Read more ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO: Swiss ball dumbbell chest press

Improve your upper body strength with this Swiss ball workout. WH&F Head Trainer Nikki Fogden-Moore demonstrates. Read more ...

Robyn Lawley: I don't do fad diets or fake food

Robyn Lawley is the face of Pantene , a swimware designer and cookbook author. Here, she tells us how she stays in shape. "I am an Australian size 16, which is really rare in the fashion world," Robyn says. "People don’t understand that models are so, so, so much smaller than I am. I’m trying to spread body love and body positivity because the message can get lost when people are focusing on things like weight loss stories; that’s not what I’m about." Instead of focusing on extreme diet plans , Robyn concentrates on getting fit and healthy. "I think exercise is a really great combat to depression, sadness and generally not feeling good about yourself," she says. "Fitness is where you get your endorphins and how you’re going to make yourself feel empowered. I like kickboxing, swimming and SoulCycle, which is a crazy American trend of cycling in the dark to crazy music. I’m terrible at it. I enjoy yoga as well. "I get into the trends like everyone...

Smores protein cup

  Looking for drool-worthy recovery snacks? Try this smores protein cup recipe for a healthy treat.   What you'll need (makes 1) 1 ½ scoops chocolate protein powder 1 tbsp cacao 2 tbsp melted marshmallow (or marshmallow fluff) ½ digestive biscuit Water What you'll do Combine protein and cacao with one to two tablespoons of water to create a thick pudding. Lightly grease a small, round plastic container with coconut oil (this will be your serving dish). Place half the mixture into the cup and place the biscuit on top. Freeze for 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from freezer and top with melted marshmallow before pouring remaining protein pudding on top. Freeze for another 20 to 30 minutes. Macros are for the entire portion but you can also divide the mixture into two or three using a mini muffin tin.   Recipe by Kyla Gagnon of Insideout Fitness Victoria . Check out our recipes section for more healthy treats. {nomultithumb}   Read more ...